UNT | University of North Texas

Search form

Do I need approval to dispose of a university record?

A university record may not be destroyed if litigation, claim, negotiation, audit, open records request, administrative review, or other action involving the record is initiated before the expiration of the retention period. In addition records should not be disposed of before their retention period and should not be disposed of prior to approval of the Final Disposition Log (FDL) by our office.  Units should use the Final Disposition Log to list all records to be disposed of and send this log to the Institutional Records Management Program preferably through email to records@unt.edu.